Don’t forget to visit BYTE-MAN online shop for interesting puzzles & coding books..
42 is a sphenic number. This is a number that is the product of three distinct prime numbers (42 = 2 * 3 * 7). Number 42 is also made popular by ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ novel written by Douglas Adams in which 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything.
Number 42 is divided by the number of given hints(7). The length of the answer of each hint is also the factor of 42.
- SHORT NAME OF ONE FAMOUS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:
__AIRPORT. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 8,17 AND 12.
- NAME OF ONE FAMOUS STOCK MARKET. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 2, 13, 14, 16, 13 AND 19.
- NAME OF ONE OF THE MOST-TRADED CURRENCIES IN THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKET. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 5, 10 AND 20.
- A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ASSEMBLE SUDDENLY IN A PUBLIC PLACE AND PERFORM SOMETHING AND THEN LEAVE: FLASH _. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 6, 1 AND 10.
- A PERIOD OF TIME IN HISTORY. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 4, 15 AND 13.
- HINDI WORD FOR ‘TEA’. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 18, 3, 13 AND 11.
- IS PRESENT IN THE CLASSROOM. PLACE THESE LETTERS IN BOXES 9, 4, 13, 18, 3, 4 AND 15.
If you have completed the crossword puzzle properly the diagram will not contain any words at all, and each square will contain a different letter. now what should you have to do to convert crossword into a magic square?
After you have done this, place the number of each letter as it appears in the alphabet (a=1,b=2, c=3, …, z=26) in the corresponding square.
The result is a number crossword in which every row, column and diagonal adds up to 42.